GET INVOLVED – Invest in a girl!
- In 2011, TIME magazine announced, “To Fight Poverty, Invest in Girls,” and quoted a World Bank economist who said, “investment in girls’ education may well be the highest-return investment available in the developing world.”
- USAID echoes this, saying “investing in girls is not just the right thing to do, it’s also smart economics.”
- www.globalgiving.org says investing in girls is “nothing sort of revolutionary” when you are thinking in terms of changing the world. Ditto www.moveon.org.
- The Huffington Post suggests there is “an amazing ripple effect” when you invest in girls’ education, “because.… she will transform the lives of everyone around her. Studies show that when you improve a girl’s life, you improve the lives of her brothers, sisters, parents, and beyond.”
- Even the United Nations Foundation says that empowering girls is a way to change the world. That’s some pretty heady stuff there.
Think Global, Act Local!